Tuesday 5 August 2014

July Favourites: Benefit, flowers and Simple skincare

Hello, lovelies! 

Once again it is favourites time, and this month includes beauty and non-beauty, little mix up there! Also, I forgot to take a main picture for the heading of this blog, so you have to scroll down to see what my favourites are, instead of cheating and seeing them all in a little banner (sneaky).

Starting this post off with a lovely bunch of flowers. Last weekend I went to visit my friend, Kim in Leeds. When we went for lunch there was a lady with a beautiful bunch of sunflowers, and naturally myself and Kim really wanted flowers! So after lunch we walked down to Sainsburys and found these little precious pink rose buds for only £3.50 and they also came in other colours such as yellow roses and orange. I put these straight into a vase which is actually my mothers, but they small beautiful and also bring a bit more colour to my room. So flowers have definitely been a favourite of mine this month, bringing colour to every dull day.


Now down to business with the beauty stuff! 
First up, Erase Paste from Benefit, and I cannot speak more highly about this amazing brightening concealer! This little friend of mine has helped me through stress skin, travel skin, dull skin, dry skin, you name it ! I recommend this concealer to all of my friends, and I do not think there is a concealer to date as good as this. I have also had this since September last year and no matter how much I use, and I would say I use this quite a lot, it still looks hardly used, because you need only a little bit every time. You are meant to warm your fingers and rub it with them, but I use a concealer brush from Real Techniques. Last comment on this, as well as the fact that if you don't own this you should really get up and go buy some RIGHT NOW, but I have had comments that my skin looks flawless whilst wearing this.


Next beauty product comes along with a lot of summer loving and sunshine. If you live in England you will understand how lovely and warm it has been these past few weeks, if you do not live in England, i'm pretty jealous you get sunshine a lot more than we do! basically, my skins looks 0.09% more tanned than it usually would, so i'm making the most of this tiny little tan and using lovely pale and nude coloured lips to match the tiny tan. Obviously if you have a good tan this will look even better. But this little blend of Peach Blossom from MAC and A-Lister from Benefit have done me well over the last month. I cannot get over how amazing and natural this little combination creates. 


Skincare this month I have kept to a minimum, just because it's been a lot warmer, and less makeup needed to be used, I wanted to stick to products I knew worked well on my skin to avoid breakouts. However, a few new products I tried didn't fail me, and when it came to rating them out of ten this next product definitely gets a strong 9.5. These Johnson's face care gentle eye make-up removal pads work a dream. You take a pad out, place it over your eye, with very gentle pressure, and sweep away the mascara and any other makeup in seconds! I know there has been quite expensive eye make-up removers released last month such as Benefits They're Real eye make-up remover, but I was looking for a very good drug store alternative because I do not think I can handle splashing the cash on even more Benefit skincare, it's a little pricey. However, these removal pads are only £3.25 and definitely did not break my bank account. 


This skincare product I over used last month and still has a really good amount of liquid left in the bottle. This is Simple kind to skin Moisture Boost Hydrating Mist. Again this did not break the bank, it was only £5.99. This little hydrating mist is for when it's really hot and muggy and your makeup starts to slip or your face is just really hot, you give your face a few sprays of this and there you have it. A cool, sweat free, moisturised and hydrated face in a few sprays! The spray also includes lotus flower to work on tired and dull skin so it can be used over or under, or even without makeup.


Then back to non-beauty favourites, I have visited Kim quite a few times last month and every time we go out for lunch. Although my favourite place has to be a new cafe that has just opened in Headingley, Leeds called Munch and it's run by two lovely ladies. We've tried out a lot of cute and quirky cafe's but this one is at the top of our list. So on Sunday morning we woke up and decided to go out for breakfast (little did we know it was something like national friendship day). We scanned the breakfast menu and both chose very quickly, the prices were very affordable, considering the cafe is in a student village anyway. The food was amazing and I think we will definitely be spending a lot of mornings there dining with breakfast. 



Lastly, I'm still jogging, and i've still kept up all the healthy eating and exercise (round of applause) even though it has been quite hard whilst attending children's birthday parties, travelling and going out for lunches/picnics. However, I've made a few little friends along a new jogging route I found, it's a very quiet jogging route because it's behind some factories so there is only ever the odd car the drives down the path I jog on. There is a training field for horses and there are two adults and two ponies. i see these most mornings and evenings when I go for a jog, and have definitely become my new little friends.


I hope you had an amazing July, until next time lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment