Tuesday 7 January 2014

Benefit 'Nice Package' Review

During November, Benefit Cosmetics produced an offer to create your own makeup kit, known as the 'Nice Package'. 

This handy asset to the website allows you to choose 3 makeup items, one for complexion (primers, foundations, powders), another for cheeks (tints, blushers, highlighters) and the last item would be for the eyes (concealer, eye shadow, mascara). After picking your 3 items, you then get to choose a free item including eye shadows, lipsticks or lip gloss, all of which are in the new Benefit collection. Then all of these chosen items would be packaged in a beautiful pick make up bag, wrapped in lots of girly pink tissue paper, and sent directly to your door for £62!

In the package I chose Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, Watts Up highlighter, Fake Up concealer and a free Ultra Plush lipgloss.


The first item was Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation with SPF 25. This is a brightening foundation, and I have used it before this foundation before and I personally think it is amazing quality! The foundation is so soft and easy to apply, it comes in a pump bottle, and a small amount will cover the entire face. It is a thin foundation, with medium coverage when applied with fingers and only a light coverage when applied with a brush, but it builds up pretty easily if you want a thicker foundation, or by personal choice, I use the Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer under my foundation which makes the base a little thicker, and this keeps the foundation on for a very long time!

The next item in the kit was a Watts Up face highlighter which comes in only one shade, a beautiful champagne colour. This highlighter glides on the top of your cheek bone, brow bones, down the centre of the nose, and the upper bow of the lip either with the applicator or using your finger, and again blend with the sponge on the opposite end of the highlighter or use your finger.


It is a soft focus highlighter and can be put on top of makeup, or underneath, and either way create a stunning glow to the skin. This product works even if you are having a 'no make up' day, because it brings a glow to the face, applied on top of moisturiser,  and does not dry out the skin under your eyes.

 

The third item is a Fake Up concealer which is a hydrating crease controlling concealer in the colour medium (02). This concealer comes in 3 shades: light (01), medium (02) and dark (03). This concealer, along with Erase Paste are my two most favourite Benefit concealers! This concealer hydrates the skin for a very long period of time; it includes vitamin E that protects and repairs skin, and apple seed extracts which nourish, soften and protect skin as well as reducing dark circles over time. It's a very natural looking coverage even though the application is quite thick, which makes the product an absolute must have! Nothing is worse than having dark patchy areas on your face where concealed areas stand out.



The last product in the set was the free Ultra-Plush lipgloss that I chose in the colour A-Lister (bubblegum pink). It has a very smooth applicator and when applied is a pretty natural pink colour with a little kick. I'm not the biggest fan of lip glosses, especially in windy weather when all your hair blows around and sticks to your lips, but this lipgloss is far from sticky! It's smooth and soft and just feels like a moisturising lip balm.


I recommend Nice Package because the products are quite delightful, they all come in beautiful packaging and at only £62 it saves you a lot of money, each product is usually between £19.50-£25.50. I also chose the most expensive items for my package to make sure I got the most out of the offer, as well as products I have been eager to try!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Benefit! I just wish it wasn't so gosh darn expensive! :) And love the pictures, did you use a DSLR or just a phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benefit is my favourite brand of cosmetics! I just used my phone for these because I stupidly left my camera in my house at university xx

      Delete
  2. aw i love benefit! love the blog and photos!!xxx

    ReplyDelete